Before starting, we will give you a brief context of what it is and why you should yes or yes implement this type of campaign in your business.
What is email marketing?
Email Marketing or mail marketing is the process of sending messages for commercial and informative purposes, to a group of people, through email. It usually consists of using email to send advertisements, inform about your brand, send promotions, share newsletters, sell your products, among others.
It’s a very effective way to reach new customers, increase brand awareness, and cultivate the relationships you already have with them.
How can you do it? Some ideas to do it are:
- Send it directly from your email account, for example, send a mass email to all the subscribers of a list.
- Segment an email list and send different content or offers to different groups.
- Use automated Email Marketing Software to send templated emails at specific times based on your interest.
- Create a landing page and drive traffic to it through organic or paid search, social media, or other channels.
As you saw, coming up with a strategy will be very easy if you have an adequate Email Marketing structure. If you are interested in being successful, continue reading because we will explain step by step how to do it.
How to get subscribers to do Email Marketing?
If you want to learn how to run an Email Marketing campaign, you should know that it is one of the best ways to connect with potential customers and keep them up to date about your business.
When you attract a new subscriber it is because they are interested in you, in what you offer, therefore, a list of them will allow you to get much closer to your business goals. There are several ways to get subscribers, and each one has its own advantages.
The most common way to get subscribers for your email lists is to use a subscription form on your website. This form should ask your visitors for their email address and other important basic information that you consider to subscribe to your email list.
You can also implement pop-up windows or “pop-ups” to ask people to subscribe, for example, to your newsletter. This type of form is a bit more intrusive but will increase the probability of converting your page visitors into subscribers.
Another way to attract subscribers is through social networks. Many businesses use Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to connect with potential customers. You can encourage your followers to sign up for your email list by providing a link to your signup form or including a call to action in your posts.
In the same way, in addition to the previous activities, you will also be able to promote your email list through digital ad campaigns . Although it is usually one of the least common in small businesses, it is one of the most effective to reach potential subscribers who do not know you yet.
Once you have a list of subscribers, you have to create content that will engage them. The best way to do this is to regularly send emails that are relevant to your interest. Try to include deals, value content, and discounts in your emails to encourage people to read or buy from you.
Now that we’ve given you some ideas to get subscribers, we’re going to teach you how to run a successful Email Marketing campaign.
The 7 steps to create an Email Marketing campaign
A successful Email Marketing campaign has the following steps:
Step 1: Define the goal
One of the first steps to create an Email Marketing campaign is to define its objective. It may seem like a simple task, but this must be quite rigorous. At the end of the day, there are many goals that you will want to achieve through this strategy, for example, increasing your website traffic, increasing your brand recognition, generating leads, selling products, among others.
The best way to define a goal is to think about what you want your campaign to help you achieve for your business. Do you want more website visitors? Do you want to get more leads? Increase higher conversion rates?
Once you identify what the main objective is, it will be much easier to create a campaign that is tailored to achieving that goal.
For example, if you want to increase website traffic, you will need to create content that is interesting and compelling enough to entice people to visit your website and read it. If you want to generate leads you will have to create attractive offers so that your subscribers want to provide their contact information in your forms.
Defining the objective is a crucial step for which we recommend that you prioritize and take the necessary time to do so, it will help you define the ideal path to follow and identify how you can achieve it.
Step 2: Segment the audience
When planning a marketing campaign it is important to first segment your audience. This will allow you to easily target your messages and ensure that the campaign is as effective as possible.
There are several ways to segment an audience, such as using demographic data such as age, gender, location; You can also use their interests as their favorite hobbies or activities. Buying behavior is just as important, because once you’ve segmented your audience, you’ll be able to create specific messages that appeal to each group.
Segmenting your audience will help you improve the response rate of your campaign and increase sales or engagement.
Although segmenting an audience sounds like a challenge, if you know it very well, it will be worth all the effort it deserves. By taking the time to target your messages, you can ensure that your campaign reaches the right people and achieves the desired results.
Step 3: Deliver valuable content to your audience
When creating the content for your Email Marketing campaign, it is important that you keep your reader in mind. What will interest them? What will grab their attention and make them want to know more? These are questions you should ask yourself before planning. Therefore, five key aspects must be taken into account when preparing your content:
- Relevance : The generation of audience interest will depend on this. Ask yourself: Is the content relevant to the reader? Is it something that would interest you?
- Timeliness – Is the content timely, something happening now or has happened recently that might grab attention?
- Personalization : The audience wants to feel special, try asking yourself Can the content be personalized to include information about the reader, such as their location or their interests?
- Value : Will your content add value to the reader, will they learn something new?
- It must have a clear call to action : Does the content have a clear CTA that encourages your reader to take a next step?
If you take these aspects into account, you will be able to create relevant, timely and valuable content for your readers, remember that there are many companies like yours doing the same thing, give it your touch to be different and always think about how to add your ideal clients.
Step 4: Create an eye-catching subject line
Few characters but a key opportunity. An eye-catching subject will be important for your email to be read. You want to make sure your subject line stands out from the rest of the emails in someone’s inbox and entices them to open it.
Here are our top tips for creating an eye-catching subject line:
- Use a catchy headline.
- Includes numbers or symbols.
- If your audience allows it, as well as the type of communication, use emojis, but don’t overdo it.
- Be clear. Specifies what the email is about.
- Generates a sense of urgency.
- Appeal to humor or emotion (never fails).
Whichever method you choose, or use all of our tips, make sure your subject line accurately reflects your content. Avoid ClickBait practices that can be annoying for some readers, you do not want them to open your email and be disappointed because it is not what they expected.
Step 5: Take care of the mail design
Aesthetics is essential, no matter what industry you’re targeting. Identify which are the best graphic resources to which your audience is attracted and exploit the visual content. Use photographs, illustrations, animated graphics, among others. Avoid large blocks of text and be very concise with placement. Everything matters.
Step 6: Highlight the call-to-action
The call to action when it comes to a marketing campaign is essential and what you should pay attention to the most.
To create a call to action you must make sure that it stands out and is easy to see. It will also be relevant to the content of your email.
For example, if you are promoting a new product, your call to action could be a link to a landing page where your customers can learn more about the product.
Step 7: Monitor the results
When doing an Email Marketing campaign, measurement is also the key. Iterating what you have planned, based on data, will allow you to continue to grow from the data.
Some ways to measure the success of your campaign are:
- Analyze open and click rates: This will help you measure the impact and relevance of both your subject line and the content of the email. If users don’t open your emails, or if they click on them at a slower rate than usual, it may be time to reconsider your strategy.
- Track your subscriber growth: Tracking your subscriber growth can give you insight into the success of your campaign. If you notice that your number of subscribers is dropping, you may need to rethink your approach.
- Look at unsubscribe or low rates: In line with the above, high unsubscribe rates could mean that your content is not working at all. If a large number of people are unsubscribing due to a specific campaign, it’s time to make decisions.
- Check for spam complaints: A high number of spam complaints could mean that your messages are being marked as spam by email providers.
Conclusion: Create Email Marketing Campaigns with Scale
We hope that the previous steps to create an Email Marketing campaign will guide you on your way to success with this type of strategy.
Be patient, perhaps at first you will have to work hard feeding your lists of subscribers but little by little you will begin to see the impact of implementing it in your business.
Create your first Email Marketing campaign with Escala very easily and quickly.